All arms on deck: Pentagon eyes left-leaning faculty professors in data battle vs. China
The new technique for U.S. data warfare operations entails collaboration between navy and civilian protection teams, using Pentagon public affairs personnel aided by teachers and non-government organizations.
The new “Strategy for Operations in the Information Environment” report highlights the urgency for the U.S. to regulate the digital data battlefield. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin warns that adversaries are swiftly leveraging the knowledge sphere to problem America’s strengths. The report discovered:
- The U.S should embrace a whole-of-government method to the event of data as an instrument of nationwide energy.
- The technique requires 4 traces of effort in conducting data warfare: individuals and organizations, packages, insurance policies and governance, and partnerships.
- The use of college teachers is prone to be controversial, contemplating the largely left-leaning political opinions of many in American greater training.
- Report authors acknowledges the perceived political opinions of many teachers, however argue no useful resource will be neglected.
China, Russia, Iran, North Korea and terrorist teams as amongst these recognized within the report as using message-shaping data warfare methods in a bid to offset American navy and different benefits.
“Each is becoming more assertive, using their informational capabilities to deny information accessibility and propagate malign influence, misinformation, disinformation, propaganda and deception activities to influence and disrupt world order,” the report mentioned.
A complete model of this text by Bill Gertz could also be discovered HERE
• Washington Times Staff will be reached at 202-636-3000.